Please visit our upcoming events page.
Wine Blending Seminar
Astor Center, Wölffer Estate Vineyard and New York Wines bring you a one-of-a-kind Bordeaux blending seminar with winemaker Roman Roth. Learn about the vinifying process, taste the main varietals that go into Bordeaux blends, and mix your own! This is a special chance to get a backstage feel for the winemaking process.
What you can expect:
• 1 welcome wine.
• Tastings of 4 straight varietals to use for blends.
• Hands-on opportunity to create your own blends.
• A taste of Wölffer’s own Bordeaux blend.
• Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
• 2 hours of instruction, including Q&A time with Roman Roth of Wölffer Estate.
What you will learn:
• The purpose of different varietals and types of blends.
• The art of blending and how it’s done at the winery.
• All about Wölffer Estate Vineyard.
• The details of the vinifying process.
Tickets are $79