Piedmont Italy: Barolo and Barbaresco tour
Oct 23 – 30, 2021
6 nights, 7 days
Milan, Barolo, Alba, and Turin
Iconic landmarks, 11th-century towns, and local life in one of the world's great cultural destinations. Wine cellars, truffles, cheeses, and multi-course wine dinners. Wine host Sam Kimball providing tasting notes and wine education along the way.
Expert Local Guide
Knowledgeable storyteller, up to date on the area's history and wine making. Our local guide and Ron lead the tour.
The best in food, wine and local culture
Award-winning chefs, wineries and local food purveyors.
Lived up to the reputation
Kris & Emma
This was our first ever trip to Italy and we chose Piemonte just because we’ve always liked wine from there. It did not disappoint!
Better than Tuscany
We have been to Tuscany and other parts of Italy, but prefer to return to Piedmont every year after this trip. Our guides were upbeat, spoke excellent English, and were great to spend the day with.
Local food and wine
It's amazing to visit places such as Alba, Asti, Canelli, Serrallunga de Crea, and Turin. The guides are so knowledgeable, reliable, and professional. They took us to all the best local vendors.
Experience an iconic region
- 5 premium wine tastings and 14 meals/food tastings included throughout the week, including an exclusive, multi-course dinner in a famous Barolo winery paired with wines.
- Aperitifs on a medieval tower, viewing endless hillsides of grapevines and the Alps.
- Truffle hunting experience and meal on a working truffle farm.
Lasting cultural experiences
- A selection of offbeat, boutique wineries in stunning locations, including the underground cellars of Canelli, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Traditional multi-course dinners with wine included at selected "trattoria" and renowned restaurants of the area.
- A fine-dining experience in Turin in a former noble palace.
Slow food, wine and truffles
- Truffle hunting demonstration with hunter and dog, followed by multi-course lunch at a truffle farm.
- Cheese & wine tasting in an aging room with a master cheese refiner.
- Chocolate experience in Turin.
- Fully escorted itinerary by a friendly and knowledgeable Italian tour guide who provides the local insights while taking care of all the logistics.
- At each wine tasting, Sam Kimball's insights and perspectives on the wines
- Private transportation via luxury motorcoach equipped with restroom throughout the tour.
Wine Host, Sam Kimball
- Sam is WSET trained sommelier and co-founder of New York Wine Events
(est. 2006), the NY area's #1 food & wine experience company
- He has traveled to Europe frequently on cultural and wine tours with some of the continent's leading wineries. Over time, the Piedmont region of Italy has emerged as a favorite of his.
- Sam knows the wines, cuisine and local culture of Piedmont. And as a wine professional, he brings an added dimension to the tour.
Day 2 - Northern Piedmont: wine tastings, wine dinner, and check in at Hotel Brezza Barolo for 4 nights (details)
Day 3 - Barolo (details)
Day 4 - Truffles & Sparkling Wines (details)
Day 5 - Cheese & Barbera Wine (details)
Day 6 - Travel to Turin , discover the city (details)
Day 7 - Arrivederci (depart Turin, return to Milan for flight home). Transportation from hotel to airport (MXP) included, via private bus. (details) )
$3,750.00 per person, single occupancy (private room)
(Rates are inclusive of taxes and fees)
Click here to register your potential interest in joining the tour
Note: This is a boutique, intimate tour experience, limited to 16 guests + 2 hosts
High quality of food, wine, destinations, and a small bus that can go where larger tours cannot.