NYC Winter Wine Festival VI
Saturday, February 7, 2015 2 Sessions: 3-6pm & 8-11pm Best Buy Theater Times Square 1515 Broadway (at 44th Street) New York, NY Tickets By Phone 866-811-4111 Purchase Tickets Online: 3-6pm Session Purchase Tickets Online: 8-11pm Session EVENT OVERVIEW: Named by Thrillist as one of the “17 Things You Have to Do This Winter in New – Read More
Named by Thrillist as one of the “17 Things You Have to Do This Winter in New York City.”
Every year we turn the theater into a gargantuan vineyard. Wines from all over the world, delicious food and amazing music.
* Wine: 3 hours of tasting over 250 wines at our sampling tables
* Food: Selection of hors d’oeuvres, antipasto, pasta, cheese, and breads.
* Live Music: Contemporary jazz performance by Grammy nominated Special EFX – LIVE on stage.
* Program Guide: A comprehensive listing of wines on every table.
* Wine Glass: Sip from a lovely wine glass, designed to enhance your tasting experience — yours to keep and take home after the event!
THE VIP SUITE @ NYC WINTER WINE FESTIVAL:
A once-in-a-lifetime experience for wine lovers who attend. Enjoy access to a private suite, tasting 15+ high-end, world-class wines from Champagne, Bordeaux, Burgundy, Italy, Argentina and California. Limited to 50 people.
Chateau Pichon Lalande
Clos Des Papes Chateauneuf Du Pape
Louis Roederer Cristal
Taittinger Comtes de Champagne
Stags Leap Wine Cellars
* wines may change slightly based on availability.
GOURMET HORS D’OEUVRES
A selection of hot and cold passed hors d’oeuvres will be served exclusively in the VIP SUITE. Hors d’oeuvres to include:
- Buckwheat Belini served with American Caviar, Crème Fraiche and Chives
- Pate de Mousse de Fois Gras with Cranberry Compote on Ficelle
- Tuna Tartar with Pickled Cucumber and Wasabi Caviar
- Filet Mignon with Yukon Gold Potato and Bearnaise Sauce
- Steamed Vegetable Dumplings with Curry Sauce
(NOTE: Guests get to enjoy the VIP Suite AND all the main wine festival areas.)
AN EXTRAORDINARY VENUE:
BEST BUY THEATER, one of New York’s state of the art event venues having undergone a $20 million renovation.
WINE AND FOOD:
Taste over 250+ fine wines, expertly curated by Vintry Fine Wines. Lush reds, crisp whites, intriguing grape blends… and more, from all around the globe.
Enjoy a delicious array hors d’oeuvres, antipasto, pasta, cheese, and breads. Plus specialty food samplings. A mixture of light fare to complement the wines.
FREE WINE GLASS:
Taste and keep! All attendees of the NYC Winter Wine Festival will receive a luxe wine glass upon arrival. After the event, you get to take the glass home with you!
MUSIC ADDS TO THE FUN:
Few bands in contemporary jazz have been as entertaining and artistically satisfying as Special EFX. Spearheaded by guitarist Chieli Minucci and co-founded by the late percussionist George Jinda (whose untimely passing came in 2001) in 1983, Special EFX helped to pave the road for contemporary jazz during its early years in the 80s and they continue to set the standard. As Special EFX embarks on its third decade as torchbearers of innovative and inspiring instrumental music, Chieli Minucci reflects on the band’s longevity in the music business. “One of the reasons we have been able to maintain our popularity is because we have evolved and changed over the years. When the band first started we had a heavy world music influence. Later we highlighted more of an acid-jazz sound, as well as some progressive fusion-rock thrown in for good measure. When people hear our music, they can expect to hear a little of everything!” Check out their music here.
SPEND THE NIGHT IN NYC!
Event takes place regardless of weather conditions.