Tasty Cocktails to Liven Up The Holiday Season
The holidays are upon us and it’s time to celebrate! Sure, you could stick to the same old cocktails you always have but why not mix things up a little? Check out the festive creations below!
What could be better than a Cranberry Mimosa to start off your day? Festive and tasty, this will make any day of cooking feel so much better!
Recipe from Delish
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 c. sweetened cranberry juice
- 1 bottle champagne
- 12 fresh cranberries
- 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Rub rims of champagne flutes with lime and dip in sugar. Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice into each glass and top off with champagne.
- Make garnishes: Use a toothpick to poke hole through cranberries. Thread rosemary skewer through cranberries and garnish mimosas.
A Pomegranate Moscow Mule is a festive twist on a classic that even Grandpa will enjoy! Recipe from Delish
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 c. ice
- ginger beer
- Sprig of Rosemary
- In a cocktail glass stir together vodka, pomegranate juice, pomegranate seeds, tbsp. lime juice, honey, and ice.
- Top off with ginger beer and garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Up your hot chocolate game with Candy Cane Kahlua Hot Chocolate! Recipe from Delish
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 candy cane
- 3 tbsp. sipping chocolate
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 oz. Kahlua
- whipped cream
- candy canes
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm whole milk and heavy cream.
- Add 1 candy cane and stir until melted.
- Stir in sipping chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat, stir in Kahlua, and pour into glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream and candy canes.
Warm up with a yummy Whiskey Chai! Recipe from Delish
- 2 stick cinnamon
- 20 black peppercorns
- 16 whole cloves
- 8 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 qt. whole milk
- ¼ c. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. loose black tea
- 3 oz. bourbon or rye whiskey
- In spice grinder, pulse all of the spices to a powder.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Add the spices, sugar and tea and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain the chai into a bowl. Wipe out the saucepan.
- Return the chai to the saucepan and rewarm over moderate heat. Stir in the whiskey and serve hot.
Amp up a childhood favorite with this warm Bourbon Cider! Recipe from Delish
- 1 gal. fresh apple cider
- 5 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2½ tsp. ground ginger
- 3 c. bourbon
- In a stockpot, heat apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- When mixture is hot but not boiling, remove from heat and add bourbon. Stir to distribute spices and divide cider among 20 mugs.