Wine Class: The Secret Language of Wine
Goal of Class
Above all else, wine is a language that can only be understood once you know how to speak it. In this introductory class, we will begin by giving you access to the fundamental tools needed to speak about wine like you actually know what you’re talking about.
- Understand key wine vocabulary terms
- Understand how to properly describe wine without hesitation or fear
- Understand key wine terms that exist in wine speak
- Understand proper tasting techniques to identity key elements that exist in wine.
What you get:
- 90 minutes of tasting and learning about wines with a trained sommelier
- Cheese from Saxelby Cheesemongers, NYC’s leading artisan cheese purveyor, to accompany the wines
- Complimentary wine glass, yours to taste from and take home
At Some Good Wine, we believe that wine is a language, first and foremost, that cannot possibly be understood, until it is appropriately spoken…..Winespeak! While people might think they know a thing or two about this illustrious juice, they all too often shudder in fear and resort to cliche and incorrect terminology when asked — “it’s smooth!” Our introductory wine class will not make you a pro. You will not be entering any wine contests soon, but you will be guaranteed to leave with a firm grasp of what you should be looking for and saying, the next time someone asks “what do you like about this wine?”