Riesling Without Borders – A Noble Grape for Noble Causes
Please join us on Wednesday June 14th for the 2nd annual Riesling Without Borders Grand Tasting and Dinner at the Golden Unicorn Restaurant in Manhattan featuring over 175 Rieslings from around the world to benefit Wheeling Forward. We will celebrate and explore the diversity of Riesling styles from dry to sweet. Riesling is the world’s most noble grape and truly transmits a sense of place. The goal of this Riesling Without Borders event is to raise funds for Wheeling Forward’s disability programs that help those with Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) and are wheelchair dependent. This year we will have a walk-around tasting followed by a sit-down dinner, pairing a wide array of Rieslings with the flair of Golden Unicorn’s Cantonese cuisine! Please help us support Wheeling Forward by purchasing either a tasting ticket, or dinner ticket or combination package!
- Walk-Around Tasting Ticket (5:30-8:00pm): $59
- Sit-Down Dinner Ticket (8:00-10:30pm): $99
- Combination Ticket for Tasting and Dinner (5:30-11:00pm): $149
We will have Rieslings from France, Australia, Austria, Germany, New Zealand, Canada, the USA and more! Wineries to be announced soon!
More About Wheeling Forward
The costs of living with SCI can be considerable, and vary greatly due to the severity of injury. The following facts are according to The University of Alabama National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Average yearly expenses can range from $228,566 to $775,567 in the first year.
- Estimated lifetime costs due to spinal cord injury can range from $681,843 to over $3 million for a 25 year old.
- 87.9% of all spinal cord injured individuals are discharged from hospitals to private homes.
Wheeling Forward steps in to help recently disabled people with SCI who lack a support system and resources to obtain the services they need. Riesling Without Borders was created to raise funds for Wheeling Forward and follow Wine on Wheels, their signature fundraiser.