Give Your Wine The Home It Deserves
By Taryn Lachter, Staff Writer
Many wine blogs focus only on the drink itself, comparing and noting varieties and tastes. While we also love to do that, we feel it’s important to discuss what you’re storing your collecting in, as well. After all, what’s the point of collecting if it’s not stored properly?
The most important part of wine storage is temperature control, and unless you have a magical wine cellar built into your home (lucky you, if you do), you’re probably looking into coolers and refrigerators to help you keep your collection safe and cozy. We’ve rounded up seven excellent cases, ranging in size and cost, to assist in your search. This list can appeal to any collector, regardless of the number of bottles in your possession. Naturally, the larger your case, the more expensive it will be, but it’s worth it to know that you are taking excellent care of those wines you so cherish.
- Similar to the one above, this refrigerator holds up to 12 bottles, but comes in a more unique design. It’s unlikely to fit on top of your counters, however, it will add a bit of flair to your home. The vertical design makes for a unique accent, but also allows for storage of up to 4 upright bottles. $108
- Great for a new collector, this compact case holds 12 bottles, and can fit perfectly on or under a countertop. It’s sleek, black design makes it perfect for any home, especially one that may be limited on space. $110
- Small and simple, this modern refrigerator is great for the amateur collector who may be limited on space. It holds 12 bottles, and can fit snugly on a countertop, so it’s perfectly convenient way to store your precious wines. $169
- Holding up to 24 bottles, this case is perfect for the moderate collector. It’s two zone design allows you to store your reds and whites, separately and comfortably. The black and steel design makes for a beautiful combination that will stand out in your home. $259
- Not for the faint of heart, this elegant case can hold 21 bottles, making it perfect for the experienced collector. With its digital thermometer and two adjustable zones, your reds and whites will live safely and comfortably. $299
- Meant for small spaces and medium sized collections, this cooler is great for a proficient connoisseur. Holding 53 bottles, it can fit under a countertop or sit freely in your kitchen. It’s single temperature zone is great if you are particular to one wine. $709
- The mother of all wine refrigerators, this beauty can hold 92 bottles, so if you live in an apartment, this probably isn’t for you. It can store your entire collection with ease, and the external temperature displays make it easy to use. $999